Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A new entreprenuer is born!















A small village boy stayed with me at Hearty Mart Ahmedabad for almost 2 years. This young boy was directionless in his ambitions and he was the only son of his parents. Needless to say he was the only hope for them. When his father approached me, he wanted his son to spend some time at Hearty Mart Ahmedabad. The idea was that I should make him responsible and matured individual so that later on he can be a strong helping hand to his father. I agreed to hire him as a counter sales man at my store and he started working with us.

Looking at him and his working style, I requested his father that he should stay with us for almost 4 years. His father agreed. After almost one and half years I spoke to my people and took the review about his progress. The result was pathetic, as he was forgetful and never remembered any thing. My team was reluctant to assign him with any kind of responsibility. So eventually I decided to have a chat with him and I gave him ultimatum of leaving Hearty Mart by 31st March 2008. This banter had the magical effect as there was a change in his attitude and he started to take initiatives. Within 3 months he was managing the entire store. And we decided to help him set his own-shop within 2 years instead of 4 years as decided earlier.

He is Abbas Ali, who turned entreprenuer now. At Zahirabad near Himmatnagar he has opened Hearty Mart Saral Shop. I see in him strong determination and will to succeed. It gives me immense satisfaction to see him work hard and nurture his business. I wish him all the best and may God give me strength to take this mission forward!

No comments: